MELABIND TECHNICAL/GRANULATING BENEFITS
● Dust adsorption - moistening. By improving pellet quality facing with less breaks and dust, increased manufacturing efficiency. Reducing dust by 1% means 1 extra tonne feed during producing every 100 tons.
● Binding: steady and stable feed pellet quality.
● Flexibility: bagged pellet retains quality even when the environment is moist.
● Granulating technology support: MelaBind liquid binder assists heat transmission. With this increased heat transmission capability, higher productivity can be achieved, while energy costs can be reduced.
● Easy to blend - optimal viscosity attributions
● To achieve the highest pellet quality, we offer animal and production technology specific products with different nutritional values.
MELABIND diet-specific benefits
● Flavoring: molasses based products make dry feed more attractive to animals, since its flavor enhancer effect is directly apparent on surface of mass feeds. This feature makes them capable to upgrade even lower quality dry feeds.
● Energy: increases energy levels of feed and mixes. Molasses. based products are byproducts of sugar industry, which is a renown source of energy and conditioner feed for animals.
● Complementing feeds: molasses stimulates rumen performance, increases appetite, increases dry matter and feed intake and assists digestion.
Technical conditions at the mixing plant
We have successfully installed our system of the MelaBind tank with related pumps and pipelines at many of our partners’ sites. Full automatization is achieved by the use of PLC controllers, ensuring exact and well timed mixing.
For our contracted partners, easier application of liquid feed produced and distributed by Argos Feed Group Zrt., is ensured by applicator tanks, that make allocating liquid feed from its storage tank to the mixer simple.
Applicator tanks are available up to 50 tons capacity, and provided according to monthly use of our products.
When choosing optimal location for the tank, it should be close to the mixer, with easy access to fill.
Filling of these is carried out by our tank trucks equipped with pumps for this task. Keeping focus on the necessary capacity, the actuals size of the installed tank can be influenced by a number of factors.
Considering density and viscosity of MelaBind, use of positive displacement pumps are recommended.
When choosing the correct pump, please consider the following:
- density of the product and the capacity in l/min or m3/hour
- viscosity of MelaBind at the lowest pumped temperature
- pressure: amount of static pressure and friction, plus 20% for safety considerations
To ensure liquid supply of the pump, level of MelaBind should be kept above the level of the pump, pipeline system should be the shortest possible.
Pipelines for molasses are mostly made of steel, since it is easy to buy and install. Galvanized pipeline is not recommended, because zinc can be dissolved and contaminates feed. A flexible pipeline with 50mm diameter can be a good solution. We recommend to minimize number of elbow pipes during designing your pipeline system. Pipe valves ensuring infinite flow, such as latch, stopper valve, ball valve should be chosen.
Applying and blending MelaBind
To achieve the best results with blending MelaBind, two rules should be kept:
- using a good quality mechanical blender ensures every particles of the feed/meal/pellet is covered with the molasses mixture.
- higher level of viscosity of the molasses mixture increases thickness of the coat on particles, and lengthen adsorption process.
Getting to know viscosity and adsorbing capabilities of added MelaBind helps feed manufacturers to achieve the best quality final products.
In case of most ordinary blenders, there are two or three possibilities to add MelaBind to the production process. In the main blender, up to 2% MelaBind can be added to the mix. This allows maximum adsorption.
Common blending ratio of MelaBind ranges from 2% to 4%, depending on animal species. Speaking in general, good quality pellet improves efficiency of feeding, animal performance and health, quality is always a result of economical considerations. But using low physical quality feed is always too expensive.
Applying MelaBind guarantees flexible, durable pellet with high energy concentration, decreases loss of feed, improves production results. To ensure optimal liquid blending and quality feed production, Argos Feed Group Zrt. offers technical and feeding counselling service for all of its partners.
Our partners include Hungary’s biggest feed manufacturing companies, who have been using our MelaBind product family for years